I went to a lunch at a friends house recently and she served this delicious Country Potato Soup! Her name is Sara and she also has twins, but they are 8weeks old and SHE had several women over for lunch.. including all of their kids... and her own... talk about crazy super woman! Anywho, she told me the recipe for this soup and I found it online and made it tonight, it was very good! Enjoy!
La Madeleine's Country Potato Soup (Copycat)
| Edit... My Notes:
ONLY YOU see your private notes, and they print with the recipe.
Your review has been submitted for approval and will appear shortly.
Write a Review! (optional)
- 1/8 cup butter, unsalted
- 2 leeks, thinly sliced (white part only)
- 1 large yellow onion, sliced
- 1 1/2 quarts chicken stock
- 4 large peeled potatoes, sliced evenly in 1/4 inch slices
- salt, to taste
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup bacon, cooked and diced
- In a large saucepan, add butter, leeks and onions, and cook.
- (Do not brown vegetables.) Add chicken stock, potatoes, salt and fresh thyme.
- Cook for 40 minutes over medium heat, stirring frequently to avoid scorching.
- Add cream, bring to a boil and serve hot.
- Garnish with Cheddar cheese and diced bacon.