Monday, February 1, 2010

Double Chocolate Peanut Butter/with Chocolate Chips Cookies.---Whoa

Let me just say, you need to drink a glass of milk with these... they are rich and yummy and in desperate need of some milk to wash it down!

Creaming sugar and butter first together
Makes a very doughy dough.. I know that makes perfect sense
A pretty little cookie, with all the potential... roll it in a nice little ball.
When I took them out of the over, they were still in balls, they needed to be flattened, so I used a soup spoon to flatten them.
Here is what they looked like after!
Hopefully my little Twin Mom friends come with an appetite tonight, because I can't have these at my house for long!

yum yum


adapted from allrecipes
makes approximately 36 cookies

Ingredients
1 cup butter
½ cup peanut butter (creamy or crunchy will work just fine)
1 1/2 cups white sugar
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups peanut butter chips ( I used Chocolate Chips, because that was all I had)

Method
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease cookie sheets.
2. In a medium bowl, cream together the butter and sugar. Once the butter and sugar are well combined, stir in the eggs and vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt, stir into the creamed mixture. Finally, fold in the peanut butter chips.
3. Drop cookies by heaping teaspoonfuls onto the prepared cookie sheets.
4. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, until set. Cool on wire racks.


Daniel is my little taste tester as you can tell I write what he thinks at the end of each post... he did like these cookies, he said they are very rich and chocolaty so you really have to like chocolate to like em! obviously.

3 comments:

  1. Do you have a weight watchers version? : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry Ladies, no weight watchers version of these cookies, however, since weight watchers is all about portion control and points, you can save your points and it is 6 points a cookie!

    ReplyDelete