I love molasses cookies and they were a great Fall snack with some Apple Cider! :)
Mix up the sugar and then add other ingredients..
Mix in flour and other dry ingredients and spices...
Roll into balls and roll in sugar..
Chill dough for 3 hours (I only did 2 hours and it was enough)
bake the cookies.... 10 minutes is how long I did!`
From Betty Crocker’s Cookbook for Boys and Girls
- 3/4 cup butter (room temp)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp.
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. cloves
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. ginger
- 1/2 cup sugar
1. Cream together butter and sugar. Add in egg and molasses and mix until smooth.
2. In a separate bowl mix together the flour, soda, salt and spices.
3. Add into the butter mixture and combine.
4. Cover with plastic wrap and chill dough for at least 3 hours (or overnight).
5. After the dough is chilled preheat your oven to 375 degrees (F).
6. Scoop out some dough with a spoon and roll it into a walnut sized ball. Dip the top into a small bowl full of sugar. Place on your baking sheet (parchment lined is best, but otherwise just greased normally) about 3 inches apart.
7. Once your baking sheet is full, using your fingers, sprinkle or flick each cookie with a few drops of water. This will give a nice crackled surface of the cookie when it’s baked.
8. Place in oven and bake for 10 to 12 minutes, just until set but not hard.
Makes about 3 dozen cookies