Put applesauce in muffin tins, then top with apples... I left peels on... you may want to peel them...
Pour the cake mix in and fill up to top....
Mmm... after topped with pad of butter, cinnamon and sugar and then ... some toffee bits... put in oven and they turn out like this...
(ingredients are in bold)
1. Spray muffin tins with Pam butter spray.
2. Add about 2-4 tablespoons applesauce. Cover the bottom of each tin -about 1/4 inch.
3. Add a few pieces of chopped and peeled apple. I put about 2-3 pieces- about the size of a quarter.
4. Add about 1/4-1/3 cup yellow cake mix. I just put it on and left some space at the top of each one. I didn't measure. Just poured some on top.
5. Top with a little pat of butter or margarine and some.
6. To make these into caramel apple pies, not just apple pies, top each with about a tablespoon of Heath Bar Chips. (can be found by the chocolate chips)
BAKE for 20-25 minutes at 350. SERVE with whipping cream or .
Watch out....you might not be able to stop at just one. ☻