WELCOME! This is THE most view post on my blog! Please check out other recipes and pass along to your friends! I'd love comments too, let me know if there is something you'd like to see! :)
Prepare the line-up, mayo, fish, pretzels (crushed in food processor)
Pretzel Crusted Tilapia
- 8 ounces, weight
- ½ cups
- ¼ cups Spicy Brown Mustard
- 2 pounds Tilapia Fish Fillets
Preparation Instructions1. Prepare a baking pan by spraying it with cooking spray. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
2. In a food processor, pulse pretzels until they are close to breadcrumb consistency. Place crumbs in a shallow dish or bowl (you should have enough room to lay a piece of fish in the crumbs without too much crowding).
3. In a bowl, combine mayonnaise and mustard.
4. Take a fillet and using a basting brush, coat one side of the fish with the mayonnaise/mustard mix. Place fish, mayonnaise/mustard side DOWN, into crushed pretzels. Press fish down slightly, if necessary, to help the crumbs adhere. Then, with fish still resting in the crushed pretzels, carefully coat the top side of the fish with the mayonnaise/mustard mix. Turn fish over so the side that was just covered with mayo/mustard mix is now being coated with pretzels. Press fish down slight (if necessary) to help pretzel crumbs adhere to this second side.
5. Remove fillet from crumbs and place fish on the baking pan. Repeat with remaining fillets. Give a light spray of cooking spray to the tops of the fish that are on the baking pan.
6. Bake at 425 degrees F for about or until the thickest part is opaque and flakes easily. Note: be sure to watch how long it takes to cook depends on how thick your fish is. You could also check the temperature in the thickest part of the fish with a meat thermometer. It should have an internal temperature of 145 degrees F.