Thursday, June 3, 2010

Crafty? Every blue Moon!



I like to think of myself as a crafty person, but I'm just not... I try to be though. I look up ideas all the time on other peoples blogs and really try to recreate them, I'm never so good at it, but recently, I've moved into a new house and I've tried to do many more crafty things.

I like to cook as everyone knows, I like to follow recipes and then have my family tell me yay or nay on if I should make it again. Well, my husband and I have this inside joke, he used to call me every DAY asking, "what's for dinner?" It drove me crazzzzzzzzzzzzy, because as if I wasn't working too or had kids at home, covered in poop and he thought that at 10am I knew what was for dinner????? Well, now I do, because I vowed to be better at it and if it was that important for him to look forward to dinner that night, then I'd have to have something good and let me know in advance, so I started to make a list.... but NOW, I made this Chalkboard Menu! It's great because it was super easy. I bought Crackle spray paint and Chalkboard spray paint for $4 each at Lowes and then I found a frame that worked at Goodwill for $2. So check your local Goodwill for a good frame, just look for the potential! Spray painted it and hung it up and Voila! Now my hubby can look at it all day long any day and know what to expect that night! This has helped.... it's the small things... and guess what.. I don't have to answer the dreaded question, "What's for dinner?" :)

No comments:

Post a Comment