Monday, June 7, 2010

Bacon Wrapped Cream Cheese Stuffed Jalapenos

Cut in half and take all the seeds and ribbing out of the jalapenos, Soak the jalenpenos in water to make them softer...for about an hour.
All the ingredients...
Stuff jalapenos with cream cheese and sprinkle paprika on them...
Wrap the jalapenos in bacon...and sprinkle Tony Cheseres on it (Cajun seasoning)

Then prepare the sauce to dip them in right before you put them on the grill.

1 1/2 cups of BBQ sauce -I used Sweet Baby Rays and 1/2 cup of honey.  Coat the wrapped jalapenos in this sauce prior to laying on the grill.

Bacon Wrapped Cream Cheese Stuffed Jalapenos
16 Jalapenos, cut in half and seeded
2 blocks of cream cheese, softened (16 oz total)
32 pieces of thick cut bacon
paprika
Cajun seasoning
 Sauce:
1 1/2 cups of BBQ sauce
1/2 cup of Honey

Cut and de-seed and rib the jalapenos, soak them in a bowl of water for 1 hour, to soften them.  Stuff them with cream cheese and then sprinkle paprika on them.  Wrap each piece in bacon and you can secure it with toothpicks if you'd like.  Mix sauce together and dip each piece in sauce before laying on grill.

To Grill:  Lay a piece of foil down, I used two, layered, spray with pam oil spray and lay jalapenos on top until bacon is cooked. 

Serve!


My Take:
I made these for a family BBQ this past weekend and my brother in law ate so many his mouth was on fire! His wife told me to make a double batch for him and I did!!! Great appetizer! Sorry the camera stinks in these photos, the battery was dead on my good camera!

This recipe is from my friends husband... We'll call him Manny! Thanks for the recipe~

No comments:

Post a Comment