Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Stuffed Poblano Peppers


Topped with cheese

Pour salsa over top before put them in oven
So very good, serve with sour cream on top, I used kidney beans, because I didn't have black beans... but the kidney beans were very good too!


Stuffed Poblano Peppers

INGREDIENTS

1 medium onion, finely chopped
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1/4 tsp ground cumin
1/4 tsp chili powder
2 15-oz cans black beans, rinsed and drained (I used Kidney beans, all I had)
6 poblano peppers , seeded and cored
1 cup reduced-fat Jack cheese, grated
1 cup tomato salsa
1/2 cup fat free sour cream

DIRECTIONS
In a medium skillet, saute the onion until golden. Season with the cayenne pepper, oregano, cumin and chili powder. In a medium mixing bowl, mash half of the black beans with sauteed onions. Mix in the remaining beans. Place the peppers in a baking dish, and spoon the black bean mixture into the peppers. Pour the salsa over the cheese. Drizzle with olive oil. Cook in 350 oven for 45 mins. Serve each pepper with a dollop of sour cream.


Daniel and I LOVED these, in fact, I will be making them again soon because I just bought more peppers today and thought I'd add some rice to them and see how that turned out. They tasted so delicious. I had them the next day for leftovers and they were still delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment