Sweet Potato Casserole With Gingersnap Streusel
5lb sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
1 1/4 tsp salt, divided, plus more for boiling potatoes
15 to 20 coarsely broken gingersnap cookies
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup butter, cu into bits
1/2 cup maple syrup
1/2 cup half and half
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
2 large eggs
1.Coat a 9x13 inch baking dish with cooking spray
2. Place potatoes in a large pot, peeled, cover with water, add generous pinch of salt. Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer until potatoes are very tender; 14 to 16 minutes. Drain and set aside to cool.
3. Meanwhle, making the topping. Put the ginersnaps, flour sugar and 1/4 salt in a food processor; pulse one or twice to combine. Add the butter and pulse a few more time, cookies in small chunks.
4. Once the potatoes are cool, make into a chunky puree in a blender or food processor.
5. In a large bowl, wish together the maple syrup, half and half, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmet, eggs and remaining salt. Add potato puree; mix thoroughly. Transfer to baking dish. Sprinkle the topping evenly.
6. preheat oven to 350. Bake for 45 minutes or until the top is lightly browned..