Friday, November 5, 2010

Panera Copycat: Broccoli Cheese Soup


 Saute the onion...

 Add in flour and cream
 add in the broccoli, carrots and onion...

 mix up in blender....

 add cheese....





Panera Broccoli Cheese Soup
I adjusted things because I wanted to make a bigger bowl...

(Printable Version)
• 1 tablespoon melted butter (I used 2)
• 1/2 medium chopped onion (I used an entire onion)
• 1/4 cup melted butter (I used 1/2 a stick)
• 1/4 cup flour (I used 1/2 cup)
• 2 cups half-and-half cream (I used 3)
• 2 cups chicken stock (I used 3)
• 1/2 lb fresh broccoli (I probably used 3/4lb of broccoli tops)
• 1 cup carrot, julienned (I used a little over a cup)
• 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
• 8 ounces grated sharp cheddar cheese (hmmmm.. I used 3 cups, I like cheese what can I say?)
• salt and pepper (this is really to taste)
Directions
1.Sauté onion in butter. Set aside.
2.Cook melted butter and flour using a whisk over medium heat for 3-5 minutes. Stir constantly and add the half & half.
3.Add the chicken stock. Simmer for 20 minutes.
4.Add the broccoli, carrots and onions. Cook over low heat 20-25 minutes.
5.Add salt and pepper. Put portions in the blender and purée. Return to heat and add cheese. Stir in nutmeg.

No comments:

Post a Comment