Thursday, January 20, 2011

General Tso's Chicken

This is kinda a cheater recipe, because I bought the seasoning package in the Asian food aisle on my grocery store... my friend referred me to it... Very yummy and they had several other seasonings I want to try. 




General Tso's Chicken


Ingredients:
1lb Boneless Skinless Chicken (Cut into cubes)
1/4 cup of Flour
1/2 cup water
3 tbsp Soy Sauce
1/4 cup of Sugar
The seasoning package
3 tbsp oil


First you cut up the chicken in cubes, toss in a plastic bag with the flour.  Brown the meat in the oil in a large pan. In a separate bowl, mix water, soy sauce, sugar and seasoning together... when meat is browned on both sides and cooked in the center, pour the mixture on top of chicken, bring to boil, then decide your desired consistency.


I served over white rice, but you could be more healthy and serve over Brown Rice!




I have to say that I hope you find the same package because the recipe is on the back of the package.  The brand I used was Sunbird, it was in a yellow package with some orange on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment