Sunday, January 2, 2011

Aunt Connies Chicken Rice Soup

Not my Aunt Connie, but a lady from where I did my student teaching in Michigan, she brought this soup in for a staff lunch day and it was soooo good that EVERYONE begged for the recipe. 

Like We have concluded, I am super lazy and have no pictures, but take my word for it, this is some amazing soup and great for a cold day!


Aunt Connies Chicken Rice Soup

4 tbsp butter
1 medium onion chopped
1 cup of carrots chopped
1 cup of celery finely chopped
6 cups of chicken stock
1/2 cup to 1 cup rice uncooked
salt and pepper to taste
1 cup milk
1 cup half & half
1 1/2 cups of grated cheddar cheese (I always add more cause I like cheese)
2 cups diced cooked chicken
In a large pot melt butter and cook onion until soft and transparent, but not brown...
Add celery and carrot, cook 5 minutes..
Add stock, rice and seasonings.  cook partially covered for about 30-45 minutes until veggies are tender..

Add milk, cream, chicken and just before serving; stir in cheese.  Heat, but don't boil.  

(I always double this recipes because the left overs are the best)

No comments:

Post a Comment