- Prep Time 15 Minutes
- Cook Time 50 Minutes
- 1 stick (8 Tablespoons) Butter
- 1-½ cup All-purpose Flour
- 1-½ cup Sugar, Plus 2 Tablespoons
- 2 teaspoons
- ½ teaspoons Salt
- 1-½ cup Milk
- 1 teaspoon Almond Extract, Divided
- 2 pounds Peaches, Peeled And Sliced (about 4 Cups)
Preparation InstructionsAdjust oven rack to lower middle position and heat oven to 350 degrees. Put butter in a 13- by 9-inch baking pan; set in the oven to melt.
Meanwhile, whisk flour, 1 1/2 cups of sugar, baking powder, and salt in small bowl. Whisk in milk and 1/2 teaspoon almond extract until smooth. Toss peaches with remaining 2 tablespoons of sugar and 1/2 teaspoon almond extract. When butter has melted, remove pan from oven. Pour batter into pan; arrange fruit over batter. Bake until batter turns golden brown, 45 to 50 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature.