Mix the dry ingredients....
Chop and toast pecans....
Mix all ingredients... with wet ingredients....
Drop cookies on parchment paper... very wet "dough" because the cookies have no flour...
Yum yum all done....
Mud Puddle Cookies
- 3 cups , Toasted Cooled And Coarsely Chopped (or pecans)- I USED Pecans, because I like them better
- 2 cups Confectioner's Sugar
- 2 cups Splenda For Baking
- ½ cups Plus 3 Tablespoons High Quality Cocoa, Van Houton Is Fantastic--I used regular cocoa cause I am not fancy
- ½ teaspoons Fine
- 4 whole Large At Room Temperature
- 1 Tablespoon Pure Tahitian Vanilla Extract- again, I am not fancy and I used regular Vanilla Extract
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Line your cookie sheet withcut to fit.
Coarsely chop your toasted and cooled walnuts and set aside.
Sift together confectioner’s sugar, Splenda, cocoa and salt.
Stir in your coarsely chopped walnuts and add egg whites plus vanilla. Stir very well with a sturdy spoon.
Drop your dough by 2 tablespoonfuls. Place on parchment that you’ve sprayed with cooking spray. Press down just a little bit if needed.
Bake until the cookies puff, about 15 minutes depending
on your oven.
on your oven.
Allow to cool for a minute before removing to wire racks. Store in an airtight container.
This cookie is still fairly high in sugar but it’s a nice treat to have once in a while when you’re trying to reduce your sugar intake. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do.
Makes about 18 cookies.