Thursday, September 6, 2012

Skinny Baked Chicken Parmesan

So I got this recipe from www.skinnytaste.com, I pinned it on pinterest! I love this recipe, tastes so delicious, quick, easy and fool proof!

Baked Chicken Parmesan
Gina's Weight Watcher Recipes
Servings: 8  Serving Size: 1 piece • Old Points: 5 pts • Points+: 6 pts 
Calories: 224.5 • Fat: 8.6 g • Protein: 25.1 g • Carb: 14.2 g • Fiber: 1.3 g    


  • 4 (8 oz) chicken breast halves, sliced in half
  • 3/4 cup seasoned breadcrumbs (I used whole wheat breadcrumbs)
  • 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
  • 2 tbsp butter, melted
  • 3/4 cup reduced fat mozzarella cheese (I used HEB brand)
  • 1 cup marinara or Filetto di Pomodoro (I used Marinara)
  • cooking spray
Preheat oven to 450°. Spray a large baking sheet lightly with spray.

Combine breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese in a bowl. Melt the butter in another bowl. Lightly brush the butter onto the chicken, then dip into breadcrumb mixture. Place on baking sheet and repeat with the remaining chicken.

Lightly spray a little more cooking oil on top and bake in the oven for 20 minutes.Turn chicken over, bake another 5 minutes. Remove from oven, spoon sauce over chicken and top with shredded cheese. Bake 5 more minutes or until cheese is melted.

Serve this over spaghetti and it makes the perfect little meal! I brought this to a friend who started her teaching week and her husband was gone, so she needed something to eat and feed the kids, her daughter ate it and my kids ate it! AND it's figure friendly!

Sorry I forgot to take the pictures of it done! That would've look prettier, but I was in a hurry!
 These were small skinless, boneless cutlets, worked perfectly!

 Sorry I didn't get a picture of the melted cheese!

No comments:

Post a Comment