Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Coconut Shrimp





Well these shrimp were really a test batch... I fried some and I baked some.  I think the baked shrimp tasted great, the shrimp part actually tasted the best, but the fried shrimp the fried part tasted really good.  I will give instructions for both.




Coconut Shrimp

1 lb of Peeled deveined shrimp
1/2 cup flour
salt
pepper
2 eggs
1 tbsp honey
1 cup Panko Bread Crumbs
1/2 cup shredded coconut

1/2 cup of Canola Oil (If you plan to fry)
3 tbsp of Olive Oil ( if you bake)

Mix bread crumbs and coconut together in one bowl, in separate bowl mix eggs and honey together, in another bowl mix flour, salt and pepper together.  Dredge shrimp in flour, then in egg mixture, then in bread crumbs.

If you fry: get oil hot but not too hot, I'd say on medium heat, drop shrimp in and get them light brown on each side.

If you bake: Put oil in pan, heat oven to 350 and bake for 15 minutes on one side and flip them, then bake for 15 minutes on other side.

Serve with: Ketchup, Honey Mustard or whatever you like!  I did Honey mustard and it was great!

No comments:

Post a Comment