Thursday, January 28, 2010

Dr. Pepper Cake-Weight Watchers Style

Dr. Pepper Cake

Cake Ingredients:
1 box red velvet cake
8 ounces Diet Dr. Pepper

Icing Ingredients:
2 cups skim milk
1 package cheesecake flavored pudding mix
1 container cool whip
Combine the cake mix and Dr. Pepper. Pour into a 9x13 dish and bake for 30 minutes at 350.

Mix pudding and milk until thick. Spread it over the (completely cooled) cake. Spread the cool whip over the pudding. Store in the refrigerator

This is the finished product... yummm

Daniel liked it so much he ate it all... although that is not saying a lot! I have to say, those of you who know me know I HATE cake. So it's kinda ironic that I put this on my blog, but this was for Daniel and I have some people I know will eat it. It was weight watchers style cake, all low fat, so anyone who is trying to count their calories can have this. Using only the Dr. Pepper in the cake mix make the cake very dense and rich. I could only eat a little bit b/c it was so moist and rich. Good thing, I only like moist cake and this is VERY moist. The cool whip on top is very good mixed with the pudding. Over all I give it a thumbs up, plus, it's easy to make!

4 comments:

  1. Do you actually make the cake mix-as in add the eggs and oil too with the dr pepper? Or just use the cake mix powder and dr pepper...no eggs or no oil?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. can I use a sugsr free cske mix.......

    ReplyDelete