Thursday, March 21, 2013

Rich Oven Beef Stew

So my friend Kristin has a vlog channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/kgehmvlogs
and she cooks some fun recipes there! She also has a beauty channel that is awesome too if that is your thing as well! Some of you know I make beauty videos on YouTube, but I do watch some cooking stuff as well!  Here is the link to the Oven Beef Stew if you'd like to see a live cooking session of it!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4If5B2l2yk


Oven Beef Stew
2 lbs of beef stew meat or ground beef (seasoned with your choice of spices, i.e. season salt, onion powder, pepper, etc.)

1 onion 
6 carrots
6 celery stalks
3 potatoes cut into bite-size chunks ( I used yukon Gold potatoes & bc they are small I used 6)

Mix together the following:
2 tsp salt
3 tbsp tapioca
1 tbsp sugar
1 ½ cup vegetable juice (If you like it extra juicy, I would add either water or a little more juice, in that case you need to purchase 2 cans of the juice)


Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Turn into a 9 x 13 pan. Cover with tin foil and bake for at least 4-5 hours at 250 degrees. (Or like me, 3.5 hrs at 275)

 Here is everything mixed together!

 It came out perfection!!


I love Horseradish, if you don't this is just optional, but I put a few drops of this on mine!! yum!

1 comment: